On the 25th to the 27th of November 2015 Te Runanga o Te Rarawa held the Mauri Ora Mai Tawhito Symposium at Te Ahu Center in Kaitaia. The discussion is on the essence of Mauri and the various applications on what Mauri is and what it means to each individual.
We feature the presentations from the keynote speakers and interviews.
- Mike Smith. Enviromental Activist. Korero on Global warming and its effect locally.
- Haami Piripi. Chairman of Te Runanga o Te Rarawa. Korero on Tangonge o Te Rarawa.
- Te Kai Makiha. Rongoa Māori. Ko te puawaitanga o te ira Atua.
- Dr Lance O'Sullivan. Co Founder of Manawa Ora Korokoro Ora Foundation. Korero on implementing health care initiatives.
- Dr Moana Eruera-Shelford. Pou Taki Maori. Korero on working with youth.
- Prof. Mānuka Henare. Māori & PacificPhilosophical Anthropologist. Korero on He Whakaputanga o Te Rangatiratanga o Nu Tireni, 1835